One of my sons favorite food is My Chicken Risotto! I started using Anabel Karmel's Recipe then slowly adding my own twist on it.
It is amazing how you learn from cooking the same dish over and over again and how you eventually get the version that you want. And for some variation I sometimes use Salmon or any fish instead of chicken.
Chicken Risotto is a complete meal by itself. Complete cuz I am use to eating rice and viand for lunch and dinner. Risotto is that rice and viand in one. I am using a lot of the ingredients as I do batch cooking so if you are going to try this just divide everything in half or third even.
500g Risotto Rice, washed
2000ml Chicken Stock
2 pieces Onions, chopped
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
3 cloves Garlic, fried (topping)
100 grams Cheese, grated
1 medium Cougetter, chopped
250 grams Chicken, chopped
50 grams FroZen Peas
50 grams Carrots, diced
4 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- Boil chicken and whole carrots and 1 onion. This will be our stock. If possible choose chicken with bones in tack as this will make the stock tastier. When the chicken & carrots are soft. Removed and chopped.
- Saute Garlic on oil then add Onions. Wait till onions is translucent.
- Add Rice and wait till edges are a bit translucent.
- Add a ladle of stock and add another when the stock is fully absorbed by the rice.
- Add the Chicken, carrots and courgette when the rice starts to cook.
- When the rice is cook add the peas and cheese and leave to stand. Make sure to transfer the pot in a inactive hob as we dont want to burn the bottom of our dish (happened to me a lot of times before).
- Optional is frying some garlic to add as a topping. The crunch and the bitterness of garlic will add a contrast flavor to the sweet & soft risotto.
- Serve =)