One of my go to recipe for my batch cooking is this dish: Ham, Cheese and Potato Croquettes. Size is easy enough for my son to eat by himself and tasty enough for a fuzzy kid to try. And I just prepare and freeze and get the mount that I need. always ready for those times when I am busy and dont have time to prepare something.
- 1/2cup Cheese, Grated
- 3/4cup Ham/Bacon/Spam, chopped
- 1/4cup White Onions, finely chopped
- 1/8tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2-1/2cups Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2tbsp Milk (for mashed potato)
- 1tbsp Garlic Butter (for mashed potato)
- 1 egg, slighty beaten
- 1-1/4cups Breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Cooked mashed potato with garlic butter and milk and set aside
- Combine cheese, ham, onion and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- To assemble the croquettes, wrap a spoonful of ham mixture with mashed potato. Roll to form bals and dip into egg and then to breadcrumbs.
- Freeze for at least 30minutes for the balls to form and then fry until golden in color.
This post is an entry for #FluffyMarisPiper Linky Challenge sponsored by Potato Council. Learn more at bit.ly/18rWnaB