We are a loyal fan of this magazine, Peppa Pig Magazine. We love it cuz of the workbook as my son is learning numbers and letters. I notice in the end that there is a recipe of an easy chocolate cupcakes. The last chocolate cake that I did was a bit hard. I have to re-do it as something got wrong when I mix the chocolate bar to water to the flour. This one seemed easy. No mixing of chocolate in the flour but just the cocoa powder. When I checked too everything is in the cupboard so I can start right up with the cakes. I also got some Halloween cupcake liners from Ikea so I can used that too!
You will just need:
For the Cupcake Mix
60g Cocoa Powder
4tbsps Boiling Water
175g Butter, melted
175g Caster Sugar
120g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
For the Icing
100g Chocolate, melted
60g Butter, softened
250g Icing Sugar
For the Cupcake
- Pre heat the oven to 200C. Put cupcake liners to molds abnd set aside.
- Sift cocoa and add water. Mix until thick.
- Then add butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and eggs. Mix until texture is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture to your liners and bake for 10minutes or when you poke the cakes with a fork and it comes out dry.
- Cool down on a rack
For the Icing
- Mix the melted chocolate, sugar and butter until smooth and pipe in or just spread on top of your cupcakes.
- SERVE and EAT!
So easy right?
And since our liners are Holloween themed I also did some Halooweeny designs!
We made a bit of a mess but its fun and easy and fast to do!
Disclosure: Not sponsored. I just really love to try easy recipes as I am still learning how to bake. The easier the better for me!